You will need a sheet pan, about 9x13. You can also lay foil down in your pan to really help with the mess. I personally prefer not to cook with foil.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay your thawed bacon onto your sheet pan. Try not to completely stack them on top of each other, but it's ok if they overlap.
- Put into the oven and cook for 20-22 minutes. I like my bacon a little crispier, so I cook it for 22 minutes.
- When finished, carefully remove the pan from the oven; there will be a lot of grease.
- Prepare a plate with paper towel on top to absorb the grease. Remove bacon from the pan and place it on the plate. Now it's ready to eat!
I find the easiest way to clean the pan is by letting it sit until it thickens. Then I scrape it off into a container to use later or into a bag to throw away.
Bacon grease is great for cooking vegetables! It also works well as the oil in a savory pie crust 😋 I love using bacon grease in my pot pie crust.
Let me know if you give this a try!