(1) Large Onion
(Ingredients in recipe steps) Dry Rub
(1) Beef Tri-Tip
- You're more than welcome to use your favorite rub, but here is the one that was suggested to use: 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar, 1 Tb of coarse sea salt, 2 tsp of cracked black pepper, 2 tsp of smoked paprika, 2 tsp of garlic powder, 2 tsp on onion powder, 1 tsp of ground mustard, 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper. This rub is from www.heygrillhey.com
- Put mustard on both sides of the meat and then add your rub to it.
- Slice a large onion to act as a rack. Arrange in an oven-safe pan.
- Put the meat on top of the onion slices.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Put roast in for 15 minutes and lower the temperature to 350 degrees. Cook for 20-30 minutes more or until the internal temperature is 145 degrees.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Depending on the size of your roast, and what is served with it, this recipe could serve 2-3 people.