- (4) Medium Size Zucchini
- (1 lb) David's Pasture Sausage
- (1/2 cup) Onion, finely diced
- (1 tsp) Garlic, minced
- (2 cups) Marinara sauce
- (3/4 cup) Shredded Mozzarella
- (2 tsp) Olive Oil
- (to taste) Salt and Pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 375 F. Coat a large rectangular baking dish with oil to keep the zucchini from sticking.
2) Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. If you'd like, you can trim off the stem at this time. Use a spoon to scoop the flesh out of the zucchini carefully.
3) Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the zucchini
shells, then arrange them in the baking dish.
4) Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add
pasture-raised pork sausage and cook for 4-5 minutes,
breaking up the meat with a spatula.
5) Add the onion and cook for another 4 minutes or until
the onion is softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
6) Season the sausage and vegetable mixture with salt and
7) Pour the marinara sauce into the pan and bring it to a simmer;
cook for 5 minutes.
8) Spoon the meat mixture evenly into the zucchini shells, then top with the shredded cheese.
9) Bake for 25 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is
melted and golden brown.
Best enjoyed while warm and with good friends or family!