- (6 Tablespoons) Butter
- (1/2 Lemon) Lemon
- (3 Cloves) Garlic
- (Teaspoon) Salt
- (1/2 Teaspoon) Black Pepper
- Whole Chicken - 3#
- Start by preheating your oven to 430 degrees.
- If your chicken came with the giblets, remove them before continuing. Save for another meal, or give them to your pet as a snack!
- Place chicken in a roasting pan or something suitable. I used a glass 9x13.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Cut the other 3 tablespoons into smaller chunks.
- Take the chunks of butter and slide them under the skin of the chicken. I put a couple of pieces under the skin of each breast and some in the drumstick area.
- Mince your garlic.
- Pour the melted butter over the chicken.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top,
- Put half the garlic on top of the chicken and the other half underneath the skin.
- Squeeze the lemon juice all over the chicken, then stick the lemon up inside the bird.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160-165 degrees. Depending on the size of your bird, it may need an additional 10 minutes or so.
We enjoyed our chicken with a side of buttery green beans, but any veggie would be a great accompaniment!
This recipe is originally from cafedelights.com, but I made some minor adjustments due to not having all ingredients on hand.