- (1 t) Ground Black Pepper
- (2 t) Ground Allspice
- (1/4 t) Numeg
- (About 1 t) Clove Garlic, Minced
- (2 t) Salt
- (1 t) Apple Cider Vinegar
- (1 t) Liquid Aminos (or Soy Sauce)
- (1 T) Olive Oil (or Vegetable Oil)
- (1 bunch) Thyme (optional)
- (6) Bay Leaves (optional)
- Whole Chicken - 4#
1. Preheat the oven to 450* F. Combine the allspice, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, and salt in a food processor or blender and blend until a rough wet paste is formed.
2. Butterfly the chicken by cutting the backbone out with a sharp knife or kitchen scissors. Here is a very helpful video showing how to do this. http://www.foodnetwork.com/vid...
3. Seperate the chicken skin from the breasts. Spread the spice mixture evenly over the chicken and under the skin. If using thyme and bay, place inside the cavity, under the skin, and over the chicken.
5. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Position chicken so that the breast are in the center of the baking sheet and the legs are close to the edges. Roast until the thickest part of the breasts registers 145*F and the joint between the thighs and body registers at least 160*F, 35 to 45 minutes. Discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaves before serving.
recipe via-The Food Lab