- Beef Sirloin Tip Roast
- (1 cup) cold coffee
- (2 cups) beef broth
- (1) large yellow onion
- (1/2 cup) diced green chiles
- (3 1/2 cups) diced tomatoes
- (2) jalapeno peppers, sliced
- (4) cloves garlic, chopped
- (1 tsp) chili powder
- (1/2 tsp) ground cumin
- (1/2 tsp) salt
- (1/4 tsp) ground black pepper
- Begin by thinly slicing the entire onion into rings, and layering half of them on the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the roast on top of the onions.
- Pour the diced tomatoes, beef broth, and coffee into the slow cooker over the roast; stir in all of the other ingredients, and spread the remaining onion over the mixture.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6-10 hours, until the meat is extremely tender. The time required will vary based on the size of the roast.
- Next, move the roast into a bowl and shred the meat. This is easy to do using two forks.
- Now return the meat to the slow cooker, and serve on your favorite tortilla.
We topped ours with cilantro, and mozzarella cheese that we made the day prior (using our own raw milk! Recipe still to come. ;) )