- (6) Eggs
- (2 cups) Sourdough Discard
- (1/4 cup) Honey or Maple Syrup
- (1/2 teaspoon) Salt
- (1/4 cup) Butter
- (1 cup) Milk
I can't take credit for this skillet of yumminess. I found this recipe on https://hopewellheightsblog.com/sourdough-dutch-baby/
It's a great way to use up eggs and discard so I thought I'd share!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and put your 10" iron skillet in there as well so it can preheat too.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl, and then stir the rest of your ingredients in except the butter.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and add your butter. Put the skillet back in the oven for about 3-5 minutes until the butter is melted and browned.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Some people like to put fruit or syrup on top. We just eat it as is because we love the plain buttah taste 😋
The last time I made it, I baked it for 15 minutes and it was a little soft in the middle for my liking. Next time I will bake it for 18 and see how that turns out!
Super simple! I split this recipe in half when I make it for Remi and me. I have a smaller skillet I bake it in. Probably an 8".
It then serves 2-4 depending on how hungry you are. 😁