- (3 to 5 Pounds) Beef Chuck Roast
- (to taste) salt and pepper
- (to taste) minced garlice
- (2 Tbsp) Olive Oil
- (6) Large Carrots
- (4 to 6) Yellow Potatoes
- (4 Stocks) Celery
- (1 Large) Purple Onion
- (1.5 Cups) Water
- (to taste) Italian Seasoning
1. Salt and pepper Roast. Rub roast with minced garlic.
2. Sear Roast in Hot pan with olive oil on all sides to seal in juices
3. Transfer to slow cooker
4. Add veggies: carrots, chopped yellow potatoes, celery, and large slices of purple onion and 1.5 cups of water.
5. Salt / pepper and season with garlic and your choice Italian seasoning. Also add a little more minced garlic right now if you prefer
6. Set cooking temp (I use 350 or below). Use thermometer to monitor when it is done. 145 is sufficient though I remove near 155- remove roast prior to temp being reached . The temp continues to rise during resting.
7. Veggies might need more cooking time. Finish cooking until Veggies are done.