- (1/4 teaspoon) Salt
- (1/8 teaspoon) Pepper
- (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter - Melted
- (1/2 cup) Bread Crumbs
- (2 tablespoons - optional) Parmesan - Grated
- (1 breast or double the other ingredients to use both breasts) Boneless Chicken Breast - 2/pk
- (See recipe in notes) Homemade Dried Ranch Mix
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees for 4 minutes.
- Trim any fat from chicken breast.
- Slice into 1/2 inch thick slices, then each slice into 2-3 pieces.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Place melted butter in a small bowl and breadcrumbs (with parmesan and ranch powder if using) in another small bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken in butter, then breadcrumbs.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to make in two batches or more.
- Set timer to 8 minutes.
- When done, check if the internal temperature of the chicken nuggets is at least 165 degrees.
- Remove nuggets from the basket with tongs and set onto a plate to cool.
Seems pretty simple and delicious to me! April found this recipe on crunchycreamysweet.com.
She added the *homemade ranch mix to her bread crumbs to add more flavor. If that's not your thing, you can also use Italian bread crumbs for flavor as well.
Homemade Ranch Mix:
1 tablespoon of dried parsley
1 tablespoon of dried dill
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 teaspoons of onion powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
April found this yummy blend of spices on sweetpeasandsaffron.com.